Safe Cats is available for free in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. The app features multiple services which can be accessed with a click and the services can differ time to time based on the demand:
- An emergency button to dial 911.
- Friend Walk- allows users to send their location in real-time to a friend who can watch and make sure they arrive at their desired location safely.
- MSU CARE Alert- allows users to report persons of concern if they consider the situation to be non-emergent. Formerly known as a student of concern report.
- Silent Witness- allows users to report anonymously to University Police either by calling or writing a message.
- Emergency Actions- allows users to review plans for incidents such as active shooters, chemical spills, medical emergencies and extreme weather.
- Safety Toolbox- allows users to share their location, access the flashlight feature on a phone, or send an “I’m OK” message to loved ones in case of an emergency.
- Suicide Crisis- allows users to call or text the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
- Support Resources- allows users to access common support tools such as the Academic Advising Center, medical services, mental health counseling, the VOICE Center, MSU Parking Services and the Office of Institutional Equity.
- Safety Escort- allows users to call MSU Police to request an escort to an on-campus location.
- MSU Alert Information- is a notification system to deliver critical information to MSU students, faculty and staff in the event of an emergency.
- Campus Maps- allows users to access their location on interactive maps of MSU.
- About/ Preferences- gives information about this app, lets the user send app feedback and also customize notifications based on their handheld devices.
Safe Cats and the news: MSU News